Search Engine Optimization (SEO)Today, websites are replacing phone books and becoming the medium of choice for consumers to locate information on services and products. Search engines are the driving force behind this phenomenon, as millions of web surfers flock daily to these online indexes.
Because of new technology, consumers are able to quickly compare and price shop from the comfort of their homes. All businesses know that having an online presence is a must. As a result, nearly every company has a website, and collectively they all create noise to a consumer. Savvy businesses know that they need an edge to rise above the noise and gain their target market's attention.
To accomplish this, an area dedicated to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) was created. In order to optimize your website to meet the standards of the world's popular search engines--Google, Bing and Yahoo--you can leverage Crosby Interactive's knowledge, allowing your company to get noticed.
There's no doubt about it... online customers are out there. So if your site isn't seeing the traffic you hope for, contact Crosby Interactive. We can do a quick site and market analysis to come up with realistic expectations for your website and its potential for online traffic.
Search Engine Optimization StrategyIn a nutshell there are several tips site owners can follow to improve their search results and Crosby Interactive can help with all of them!
View the basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Strategy
Search Engine Optimization Strategy
- Keywords Web page content needs to be rich with relevant keywords and phrases. Keywords a user may use to pull up your site in a search engine needs to be in the content of your web pages. Keywords that appear in page headings, titles, links and at the top of a page all have higher relevance than keywords appearing in regular text on a page.
- META Tags Meta tags are behind the scenes HTML code on each web page that tells a search engine valuable information like: Page Title, Page Description, Keywords relavent to the page and other important content information. Meta tags are used by the search engines to help correctly categorize and index web pages.
- Back Links
Back links are other websites that link to yours. The more Back Links your site has pointing to it, the more important your site appears to the search engines and the higher placement it will get in the search results. It is important not to link with just any site, but sites that have similar content to your site are viewed as more relevant.
A lot of site owners will release "Press Releases" through a third party press or news site to create a back link.
Inbound links are more relevant than outbound links. Try to avoid a lot of outbound links to other sites on your website. These links could hurt your search results position and offers a way for a user to exit your site, all of which should be avoided.
- ALT Tags Alt tags are the HTML code that describes links, photos, animations and more to a search engine. These tags can carry valuable keywords and descriptions that can be indexed by the search engines. Alt tags are similar to behind the scenes captions for graphics and are indexed by the search engines.
- File Names Each web page, graphic and file on a website must contain a file name. Those file names should use a naming convention that include valuable, relevant keywords to your site.
- Current Content
Web pages need to remain current to be relevant. We recommend updating your website often. By updating your site often it forces the search engines to come back more frequently looking for updates and changes to your site. Search engines often prefer to show sites that are updated on a regular basis to those that have remained the same for months or years as those type of sites could easily be outdated and irrelevant.
Often times site owners will use blogs and photo galleries to easily update their site with new content.
- Online Adveritising
Many search engines offer online advertising. This advertising allows you to list keywords that will trigger a link to your site in the search results. Most search engines will verify links and web page content to be consistent and accurate with a list of keywords you provided. This verification is a way to force search engines to scan and index your site quickly and accurately while associating those keywords with your website. Therefore, this process likely gives online advertisers an advantage over non-advertising sites in the organic links or "free" section of the search results.Best of all you can set online advertising budgets to fit within your comfort zone to get all these benefits.
Another benefit by advertising online is to gain immediate knowledge of keyword Analytics. You can quickly determine how competitive certain keywords or phrases are online and formulate a better SEO strategy based on those analytics.
SEO services include:
- Content analysis and consulting
- Keyword and key phrase study
- Market analysis
- Site tracking and reporting
- Sponsored or paid search engine placement
- Submission to all major search engines
- Meta Tag or rich content creation
- Sitemap generation